Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reviving in Southern Utah


I just had the chance - no I should say that I made the chance - to go to Southern Utah to a National Monument called Natural Bridges. My awesome hubby drove from 1 AM through the night just so we could make the beautiful early morning light since he had to work the evening before.


So, what did we get? A calmness and serenity that I rarely see in my life. And, I got to photograph it. What a gift.
The area is arid, hot and dry. But a small stream runs in a gully a hundred yards or so from the bridge. There, a small pool has formed surrounded by rock. Finding my way around the pool and on to a ledge, I found the shot I knew was right for this place. And then, I sat and listened to the silence that enveloped the place. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment