Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sassy


January 21, 2009 Sassy


Mom and dad are serving am LDS mission in Puerto Rico, so I inherited their dog, Sassy, for a couple of years. Sassy is such a sweetheart. She would love to sit in my lap and cuddle, but obviously is too big for my lap. Instead, she gets the special chair in my room for her own.


This chair belonged to my grandmother. Back in the early '60's when my father was stationed at Fort Ord, we lived with my grandparents for a month. We also attended school; me in 1st grade and my brother in my grandmother's Kindergarten class. Because the California coast often gets fog, the mornings were usually cold in my grandparent's house. The best place to be in the morning was in their papasan chair in front of the fire. I would race to get the chair and would get dressed there in front of the fire.


When my grandparents passed away, among the things I chose to have was the papasan chair. While the cushion has been recovered, it remains much the same and seems an appropriate place for Sassy to call her own while she waits for my parents to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment